Wednesday, January 3, 2007

A Day Late

I just heard about Take A Stitch Tuesday over at ILCS (Yahoo Group). I haven't been active in the groups I belong to mostly because I am not sure what to say, and I feel sort of silly just posting "Wow, nice work" a bunch of times. :p Anyway, I have resolved to participate more, mostly because I would like to be involved in some exchanges this year, and the best way to do that is to become known in the groups that have active exchange programs.

Back to Take A Stitch Tuesday - I missed this week's stitch, which was Herringbone, having found the project only today. I may go back and do that one later, but for now I'm just planning on picking up next week. I've explored Sharon's blog just a little and have already seen dozens of awesome ideas for textile work and making a visual journal. I think that's a great idea to do with the stitches from this project. I've wanted to do a stitcher's reference book but the idea of little squares put in a 3 ring binder just never inspired me. I can definitely see working on a journal of this style though!

1 comment:

sharonb said...

Hi The herringbone stitch challenge runs all week - so you can still join in - there will be another stitch next Tuesday -