Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Stitching & Reading

Worked on my bookmark exchange today, and made good progress, although not as much as I'd like. I'm taking scans every day that I work on it for a pictorial WIP post once I can post it. My first one - I am so excited!

Also - I caught Just Nan's upcoming releases today. They're all so pretty, as always, but the one I have my eye on is Queen Of the Needle. When the Silver Needle had the limited edition sampler case, I didn't have the funds to get it, to my eternal regret. This will be a nice consolation piece! I've been spending a lot on stash lately, and really want to keep it in check, but this is one I plan on kitting up with the silks & starting right away. So pretty!

Speaking of stash, I joined a monthly fiber club at Stitching Bits and Bobs. It'll start near the end of the month and I'll be receiving Carrie's Creation threads, which is great, because Ink Circles has a wonderful pattern, Blackstone Fantasy Garden, that uses those threads. I don't have it yet, but isn't having the threads a great excuse to buy the pattern? Anyway, the threads look yummy in themselves and I am excited to be receiving stitching goodies in the mail once again.

As for reading, I have yet again been slacking off. Rather, I've been too busy and/or tired to get much done - can't concentrate. I am slowly working on The Scroll of Seduction, which is just OK. The story of the mad queen, Juana, was what caught my interest initially, but the surrounding modern-day love story is not one that I'm enjoying. I am planning a trip to the library tomorrow to replenish my reading stock, so hopefully something better will present itself to me. I have plenty at home to read, including some things loaned to me by my mom and mother-in-law, but none of them are grabbing me at the moment. My husband laughs when I check out 20 books at the library, but I really need a good selection because I like to go through the stack and wait for something to compel me.

P.S. I really need to work on something I can post a progress picture of...

No comments: