Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Meta blogging & a photo-less update

I was so excited because I came to post and saw that there was a comment to be modded. Now, my first comment was from Sharon of inaminuteago, and with a second one, I thought that maybe the whole getting visible process might not be that hard. But no, my second comment was spam! So disappointing.

In addition, I am feeling overwhelmed by the whole blogging process and can see that no matter how great my enthusiasm, this is going to be a longer road than I'd first understood. I mean, CSS? I'd only recently heard of that, never mind knowing what it is, exactly. (Although I do now.)

Then, I have heard some rumblings about people migrating over to WordPress because they are displeased with the new Blogger-not-Beta. But WordPress is even codier. (I know, not a word, but there needs to be something to express the jungle of "what?!" that I feel at the start of this adventure.) Anyway, I think I'll be looking sticking around here for a bit until I get my feet under me. And I'll definitely be doing some searching for beginner tutorials for working with templates and such.

But so much work! Getting back into my stitching, and an exchange, blogging, and being heavily involved in a private cross stitch group elsewhere has really taken a lot of my time. I'm loving it all, though. I quit working for pay in February '06, and it has taken this long for me to decompress and relax and build some enthusiasm for specific activities. I feel as though I have been told that my age had been rolled back ten years - I'm excited about things, I'm not dead tired and burned out. It's truly exciting and I am joyful. I go around laughing out loud throughout the day, amazed at the blessing my life has become.

Ok, on to stitching. Still stitching the project for the exchange I'm in. I can't be specific, of course, but it is a challenging project for me, so it feels good to see it taking shape. I have only worked on it a handful of times over the last month, but it is coming along more quickly than I'd have imagined. Ok, nobody wants to hear all this vague talk. Suffice it to say I am stitching, and will have photos soon. If nothing else, TAST will provide an opportunity to post pics in the next few days.

No comments: