Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Surprise!

Two posts in a row! Don't expect that to continue. :op But I did want to get my other pics posted.

I participated in my first exchange at the Yahoo! Prairie School Fans group. This is what I stitched for Patricia (no blog that I know of).
Taken from Spring Samplers by Prairie Schooler
Stitched on 28ct Potato Annabelle. I don't think they make this fabric anymore, which makes me sad because I really love it.
Threads of my choice, but they mostly match those called for.

I love the idea of the twisted ribbon on the side, but the sheer ribbon allowed some of the the side to show through. I'd probably need to ruche the ribbon a lot more next time. Also, I experimented with using cotton batting instead of hi-loft batting, and I forgot to put anything in between the layers to hold the pins in! I have been making pinkeep after pinkeep in an attempt to get better, trying out different methods and materials. I'm a slow learner... But I think I'm finally getting the hang of it, because my latest pinkeep, which you'll see as soon as I receive word it arrived, turned out pretty nice...

And here is what I received from Dixie for the same exchange:

I love how she stitched our initials and year on the backing fabric. Lovely finish. Thanks so much to Dixie, who I don't believe has a blog.

Next up is the Hooked on Exchanging Little House exchange. I will save it for tomorrow, so I don't overwhelm my many readers. ;)

2 comments:

Felicity said...

These items are all very pretty, Shelley. I see that you, too, are working on the Lizzie Kate doubles. I've just finished mine. I love it!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A beautiful exchange you stitched and sent :) GORGEOUS...love the ribbon on the sides :)
And your's that you received is very pretty too! Love the fabric that she stitched it on...just my color! LOL!