Monday, March 31, 2008

Exchange Received

I read on Lillie's blog that she received my HoE Biscornu package. I am so glad she liked it. I was so pleased with how it turned out. I can't wait to make more!

Here is the front:



And the back:



Here's the whole package. I thought the frog fabric was cute.



The design is by Casey Buonaugurio, and you can find the pattern on her front page. I stitched it on R & R Reproductions Blue Wave. I loved the feel and color of the fabric - I'll definitely be using R & R more frequently in the future. I converted most of the DMC that was called for to overdyed. I used Willow by GAST for the frog stomachs, and I love the way that particular choice worked out. So cute!

It was definitely a fun stitch (even all those french knot toes!), and I plan on starting another biscornu as soon as I finish up the last of my exchange projects.

Also - thank you to those who comment on my blog. It's very cool to know people are reading!

6 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

That biscornu is adorable!

Lillie said...

Thank you so much Shelley. Loved everything that you've put in for me. The biscornu design is indeed adorable. Many thanks for picking up a chart from my wish list.

Wanda said...

Your biscornu turned out lovely! That is the cutest pattern I hope to stitch it one day! Sorry I sent a repeat pattern! Yikes! Glad you like the biscornu!

Sharon said...

I love your froggie biscornu, how wonderful it turned out. I have started the very same one and I just love it. I love your blog and all the pictures. Wonderful work.

Carol R said...

hGreat exchange - love the frog biscornu! Now that the kind of frogs we all like!

Edgar said...

Dear Shelley,
Thank you so much for the wonderful HOE exchange!!! You have really out done yourself! The pyn keepe is just lovely and the extra goodies are super!!! The finishing is great and the colors are perfect.

Thank you again!!!!

edgar